Friday

Daybook Tutorial: 30 Days of Lists

*I made this book 18 months ago, yes I know hoarding! LOL 
The purpose was to do 30 Days of Lists on March 2013 but I can't remember what happened that I had to leave this project hanging. 
Well, 30 Days of Lists is here again so I am giving it a go! For those of you that don't know what that is, is very simple. Is a daily journaling prompt for the month of September. If you want more info about it check out their website and the hashtag #3oLists on Instagram.
Hopefully by next week I can share some of my lists, for now, check out this tutorial to make your own daybook! 

This is a tutorial to make your own daybook like the Amy Tangerine Daybook sold in stores. The purpose of making your own is choosing the theme and adding as many pages as you want. The size of this daybook is 5 ¼ " x 8 ½ ". 

Pick the papers of your daybook. I used a collection because they already match so I have some of the work cut out for me. The first paper you should cut is the cover. The cover for this one is 10 ½ " x 8 ½ " folded in half.

Every paper that you cut for the inside should be smaller to avoid having them peek out of the book. You can cut shapes from a die cutting machine or use other materials like doilies, tags, paper bags, etc.

Once you figure out the order and position of the pages keep them together using paper clips. 

Make a template with a piece of the paper of the same height as the daybook. Measure 1 ¼ from the top for your first mark, after that one all the marks will be done every inch. The last one 1 ¼” from the bottom. Place the template on the score mark on the daybook.

 Using a paper piercer make the holes making sure it goes through all the layers of the daybook. It helps if you close the daybook a little while the spine is against the pad. It will help keep the holes in the spine.
 

Remove the template. To sew the daybook you can use twine, embroidery floss, thread, yarn, ribbon or whatever you like. I used 24 inches of twine to sew the book and got a lot left over just in case you want to put beads or do a nice knot. 

To start sewing come in from the outside of the second hole and go into the outside through the third hole. Keep going in and out. Don’t worry the stitches you missed on the way down you will get on the way up. When you get to the last hole go in and out but going up.

 Then you can tie the twine to make a bow, a not or put beads on it. Your daybook is done and all you need to do is decorate the cover and fill it!!

For the title I used a journaling card that I matted with black cardstock using the Tombow Mono Adhesive Dots. I used a variety of alphas and a Cameo Cut. I stitched some elements of the Title before gluing it to the daybook. I glued the journaling card to the daybook and used Tombow Power Tabs to glue the Flat Back button of the typewriter.

 On the top right corner I used a sticker and a piece of paper. To add another accent I used a bottle cap with a flat back button.



 On the inside I just used a border sticker and a piece of paper. I also added a decorated a paper bag to put a small library card inside.

Tombow Mono Adhesive Dots Runner
Tombow Power Tabs
Alphabet/Letters: This and That (Echo Park), Momenta Alpha Stickers and, Jillibean Soup Alpha Stickers.
Cardstock: black
Embellishments: Cardstock Doily (Maya Road), Flair Buttons and, Black Bottle cap
Patterned paper: This and That (Echo Park)
Tools: Silhouette Cameo and, Cricut Expressions Machine
Stickers: This and That (Echo Park)
Twine: Honeydew Twine (The Twinery)
Washi Tape: Recollections
Other/Misc: pencil, plain paper, needle, beads, Kraft bag, feather and, library card

0 lovely comments: