Monday

Tombow Challenge: Books!

Happy Monday! It's time for Tombow's Monthly Challenge and for the month of September, I will be your host! September 6th was Read a Book Day and September 8th was International Literacy Day! We are big fans of books in my house! If you haven't guessed, the challenge for this month is BOOKS! Anything related with books; altered books, quotes from your favorite books, library cards, book paper, mini books! The sky is the limit! 

For my project I made a mini book full with quotes!


I made the cover with old records I got at Goodwill for 50 cents! I have to admit that it was a huge pain cutting them! First you have to heat them at 200 degrees in the oven for 60-90 SECONDS. Then you have to cut fast fast because they get cold and hard again! You can always put them back in the oven for another 60 seconds to keep cutting. *Mind the fumes! Do it in a ventilated area.


I used my Bind It All to Bind my book. I had to make the record really soft for my Bind it All to go through with it!


I made my book "junk" style which means that I mixed up lots of different papers, envelopes, tags and everything else I could find.



To glue the embellishments on the cover I used the Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive. Since the flair button is hollow on the back I used a Tombow Power Tab.


I made this charm with and Epiphany Crafts Tool and Metal Charm. To glue the epoxy shape on the metal I used the Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive and to glue the sequins inside the epoxy I used the Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue.




*This part is photo heavy but it will inspire you to do this challenge! Feel free to copy one of the quotes if you find one that inspires you! 




This book has lots of pages so I didn't photographed ALL of them because that would be one heck of a post!


For the page on the left I used a watercolor technique on the background using the Tombow Dual Brush Pens. I wrote "darling' using one of my favorite pens ever the Tombow Mono Twin Permanent.



I used lots of recycled postal stamps to embellish. To glue these I used the Tombow Mono Adhesive Permanent



I always glue my homemade enamel dots with the Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue. The fox flair has a flat back and for those I used the Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive.






I made this library pocket and I sewed on the sides to embellish it. But before I sew on my project I use to glue so it doesn't move.






I follow some really cool people on Instagram that do found poetry so I thought I would try it and ehhh... Don't worry, I'll stick to paper crafting.



So there is your challenge!
Hit the books and then link up your project
 at the Tombow USA BLOG!

You could win these awesome Tombow Goodies!

Here is the video of the mini in case you want to see everything inside. 


Take Care!

1 lovely comments:

jcobb said...

Lovely! Really awesome way to use the old records!